Fighting fires is a tough job, and when fires occur in the wilderness the challenges can multiply. Wildland firefighters face rugged terrain, hard labor, and long hours. Facing down raging flames in the wild can mean serious hazards to life and limb and firefighters need to be confident in their protection.
Our Strike Team® Gen II Jackets utilize an innovative dual fabric system. The body of the jacket is made with Tencate Style 362™ fabric, a lightweight fabric known for it’s superior breathability characteristics. Tencate Style 469™ (a tougher, more protective material) is used for the arms, since extremities are more prone to burns on the fire line.
Sewn to Cascade's highest quality standards. All seams are double stitched, stress points are bar tacked, and zippers are reinforced with triple stitches.
FEATURES OF STRIKE TEAM® GEN II JACKETS
- Hook & loop collar closure
- Radio pocket with hook & loop closure
- Scotchlite™ silver reflective trim on both biceps
- Articulated elbows
- Bi-swing back for added mobility
- Extra large YKK zipper closure
- Bellowed chest pocket with hook & loop closure
- Even numbered chest sizes 32-58
Tencate Style 469™ recently received very high marks in wear-trial evaluation for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate. This evaluation saw Style 469™ lauded by Federal, State, and Local Government fire departments. TenCate Style 469™ is also strategically placed in the current CAL FIRE Wildland Garment System, where increased levels of Radiant Protective Performance (RPP) are required. Made with DuPont Nomex®, these fabrics offer the certainty of FR protection that firefighters can trust.
- CHEST - Measurement around the fullest part of chest. This is your coat size.
FRONT LENGTH - Measurement from bottom collar seam to bottom edge of garment at front edges.
BACK LENGTH - Measurement at center back from bottom collar seam to bottom edge of garment.
SLEEVE LENGTH - Measurement from center back at bottom of collar seam across back and down sleeve to bottom edge to cuff.
EVEN SIZES ONLY. Sizing is as follows:
- Measure biggest part of chest with measuring tape.
- Order jacket 1-2 inches bigger to allow for air gap between skin and clothing for optimal thermal performance, e.g., if chest size is 44, order a size 46.
CALL 800-654-7049 FOR CUSTOM SIZING.
Estimated delivery for sewing products is 10-12 weeks from date of order.