The MSA Cairns® 1044 Traditional Fire Helmet has the perfect combination of durability and performance desired by firefighters.
Constructed from through-color fiberglass composite material, this high-performance matte finish design resists cracking and chipping. The MSA Cairns 1044 is one of the most popular styles of MSA Cairns fire helmets.
All Cairns® helmets are approved to NFPA 1971-2018
FEATURES OF CAIRNS® 1044 FIRE HELMETS
- Patented shell release system retains the impact cap if your helmet is torn off during an incident, shielding you from heat, debris and projectiles
- Full brim protection with high-temperature edge trim that will not melt or drip
- Soft black Nomex® chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Replaceable and washable Nomex® or PBI/Kevlar® earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection
- Replaceable and washable flannel, extended flannel or leather liners
- Three-position rear ratchet height adjust for a secure and comfortable fit
- Front headband adjusts so it does not interfere with SCBA mask flange
- Minimal parts for lower service cost and easier maintenance
- Replacement warranty
STANDARD CONFIGURATION includes Cairns 1044 with Defender Visor, 4" Tuffshield, or ESS Goggles, Standard Flannel Liner, Nomex Earlap, Nomex Chinstrap w/ Quick Release & Postman Slide, Lime/Yellow Reflexite, 6" Silk Screen Eagle
DELUXE CONFIGURATION includes Cairns 1044 with Defender Visor, 4" Tuffshield, or ESS Goggles, Deluxe Leather w/ Crown Pad, PBI/Kevlar Earlap, Nomex Chinstrap w/ Quick Release & Postman Slide, Lime/Yellow Reflexite, 6" Carved Brass Eagle