Fire Shelters are designed to reflect radiant heat, protect against convective heat, and trap breathable air in an attempt to save the firefighter’s life. Fire shelters are constructed layers of aluminum foil, woven silica, and fiberglass. All wildland firefighters are required to carry the New Generation Fire Shelters. ISO 9001 Certified, US Government approved, and manufactured to US Forestry Service specifications.
REGULAR FIRE SHELTER FEATURES
- Deployed size: Length: 86” Height: 15-½” Width: 31”
- Includes fire shelter, nylon duck carrying case, carrying case plastic liner
- Forest Service Spec 5100-606 (NFES #0925)
LARGE FIRE SHELTER FEATURES
- Deployed size: Length: 96” Height: 19-½” Width: 33”
- For firefighters taller than 6' 1” or whose girth exceeds 53” at any point
- Forest Service Spec 5100-606 (NFES #0975)
TRAINING FIRE SHELTER FEATURES
Reusable practice fire shelter systems for training in the use of Regular and Large Fire Shelters.
- Includes carrying case, case liner, polyvinyl bag, and practice shelter
Regular - NFES #2678
- Large - NFES #2799
Fire Shelter Inspection and Re-Bagging instructions
Practice Fire Shelters are NOT fire resistant and should not be used as a fire shelter!